Conditions of Sale
- The Auctioneer shall accept bids offered by mail, e-mail, telephone or facsimile.
- The highest bidder shall be the purchaser (subject to reserve, which is normally 2/3rds of estimate). If two bids are received for identical amounts on any lot, the first bid received shall be awarded the lot. Should a dispute arise as to the highest bidder, it shall be settled by the auctioneer, who may re-offer the lot.
- Bids shall advance in the following increments:
Up to $100 - $1 increments
Over $100 - 5% increments, or at auctioneer's discretion.
The Auctioneer shall accept bids only in these advances, odd amounts if offered will be reduced to the nearest acceptable increments.
- Bids will be used to their maximum value only as competitive bids require. Where two or more identical lots are listed, the Auctioneer has the right to transfer a bid from one lot to another if this is in the bidder's interests.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to refuse any bid.
- "Buy" Bids will not be accepted (in the event of two such bids on a single lot, an impossible situation would exist).
- The Auctioneer will accept alternative bids for one of several lots if the bidder's intention is made clear.
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to sell more than one lot where multiple lots, identical the the description, are available. This shall not apply to an illustrated lot.
- By placing bids in the auction, the bidder is entering into a binding contract to purchase all lots he is awarded.
- Maximum purchase value may be nominated by bidders. This figure must be noted in the bid form - when the limit has been reached all further bids will be cancelled.
- Payment: Bidders will receive an invoice after the auction. Payment should be forwarded within 7 days of receipt of invoice, and may be made as follows: by credit card as detailed on the bid sheet; or: within NZ - personal or bank cheque, cash if sent by registered mail; Australia - personal or bank cheque; USA - personal or bank cheque/cash to NZ$ equivalent in US currency; Canada - bank cheque or draft/cash to NZ$ equivalent in Canadian Currency; GB - personal or bank cheque/cash to NZ$ equivalent in stg; rest of world - bankdraft in NZ$ or US$.
- Buyers from outside New Zealand undertake that neither they or an associated person will cause the purchased goods to be re-imported into New Zealand in substantially the same condition in which they were exported. Therefore GST will not be charged on their purchases.
- Delivery shall be made to bidders upon receipt of payment. Postage and packing is at purchaser's expense and unless otherwise requested, dispatches will be mailed: Inland (NZ) by ordinary mail; overseas by airmail; all dispatches valued over $10,000 by registered mail.
- Lots are listed on a simplified basis, unless otherwise stated.
- Guarantee: Each lot is guaranteed to be genuine and as described. Descriptions of condition are opinion, and the Auctioneer recognises that opinions vary and that errors occur. Should purchasers suspect that a lot is not as described, they should notify the Auctioneer within 7 days of receipt. A replacement, refund or credit will be arranged.
The following lots are not returnable:
a. Lots stated to be collections/accumulations, or containing more than 12 stamps, if described as having
- Items which were illustrated in the catalogueue are not returnable for matters of centering, postmarks, perf defects (ie. visible faults).
- Lots which a buyer has inspected prior to the auction.
- Stamps which have been immersed in water, or subjected to any chemical process subsequent to the sale. If ncecessary the opinion of a mutually acceptable authority shall be sought, and such opinion shall be final.
16. Viewing lots: lots may be viewed by appointment at the offices of J R Mowbray (Philatelist) in Otaki. Alternatively arrangements may be made for single items to be photocopied or scanned (within reason).
17. Placing a bid in this Auction shall constitute acceptance of the foregoing conditions.
Note: Bids under 2/3 of estimate are usually unsuccessful.